If this is your first time here, then HELLO! My name is Inna and along with my husband, we enjoy building and renovating in addition to our jobs and babies. We recently sold our first, self-build home and bought a ’67 fixer that has been uninhabited for 15 years, say for a few raccoon families.
Week 1 has come and gone! I think I am still in the denial phase. “5 weeks is plenty,” i’m thinking, and then I walk into the two spaces and I feel a mini meltdown coming on!
But enough about my emotional roller coasters. I am sooo happy with how the design is coming along. Every item arriving in the mail is absolutely perfect and it’s all tying together in my head. Proves that going with your gut is so important! And now:
What we have accomplished in the bathroom so far:
- Chose the tile!
- Finished gutting the whole space
- Met with tile installer (a very big deal, trust me.)
- Ordered wallpaper
- Ordered light fixtures
- Decided on the shelving above toilet
- Rebuilt framing around shower
- Started moving plumbing
Okay, now here’s a list of what I hope to accomplish this week:
- Finish plumbing
- Install ceiling drywall
- Install shower pan
- Start on tile
- Order vanity
- Make shelves (DIY POST COMING SOON)
- Install toilet
- Order shower faucet
- Order medicine cabinet/ mirror
I think this may be my favorite bathroom design yet!
And now on to the bedroom and what we have accomplished so far:
- Continued gutting baseboards
- Ordered windows
- Installed ceiling drywall
- Installed can lights
- Purchased and received curtains
And now what I hope to accomplish this week:
- Finish off ceiling
- Begin installing trim and moldings
- Begin on revamping doors (DIY BLOG POST COMING SOON)
- Choose a floor stain
- Choose curtain rods and night stands
Thank you for following along! I can’t wait to finish these two spaces!
Follow along on Instagram for some behind the scenes!
Please don’t forget to comment and love on the other participants here: